STARTING WEIGHT

MARGIE 218.6 BIANCA 233 MARGA 157.2 VICKY 192 GABRIEL 196.8 JASON 224.2 MARIA 205 NORMA 163.8 DIANE 183.6 MARIE 329.6 LOLY 230.2 ANTONIA 162.6 JEANETTE 238.4 IRVING 227.6 CECE 174.4 SENY 258.8 JOSE 441.2 BLANCA 228.4

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Lessons remembered.

Ever since I can remember, I have been drawn to information on health and overall physical fitness, if I see a magazine or book on the subject, I pick it up and read an article or two. over the years some of the information I have read has served me well when training to meet a weight or reach a better physique, and although I always seem to fall off, its good to know some things that help you in your eating habits or workouts for when you do regain your focus, I want to list a few things I have read over the years that have helped me, and certain thoughts I have come up with myself.

1. Compliments are our worst enemy. When someone tells you you look great, it attacks your focus, most of us will not realize it but unconsciously your determination is being attacked, not by the person giving the compliment, but by the compliment itself. before you know it, your ultimate goal has been reduced, as the compliments keep piling up your goal soon becomes nonexistent, and you fall into the old habits, the bad habits, the bad life, and the shorter one.

a solution to this and maintaining your focus on the original goal is simple, be conscious of the above, and rather than letting the compliment hurt your journey, use it to help you, focus on how good it feels to receive that compliment, and work harder than you did yesterday to collect as many of those as possible (especially since it was spoken with the best of intentions and to motivate you further).

in the end, if your goal should be altered, most likely it will be for the better.
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment